Saturday, August 8, 2015

BRENDAN RYAN COULD BE THE WB MASON GUY


As I watch the Yankees, I regularly look for things to entertain me besides of course the game itself.  When I was a kid, I looked for the ticks in the guys on the field.  Ron Guidry used to launch himself off the mound after a final strike of the inning.  Luis Tiant with is dance of a wind up and Mickey Rivers and his bat spinning between pitches were always entertaining moves much like those of America's Loves Talent.  The flavor of the month right now, however, has to be Brendan Ryan and his new WB Mason look.


I am not alone in this observation as Michael Kay made a comment the other evening and even prompted his producer to throw up an image of the WB Mason avatar with a split screen with Ryan.


Now, again, the game itself is entertaining enough right now for me as the Yankees score runs and consistently maintain their lead in the American League East.  But, I have to say, it is sort of funny to find these little comical moments in the characters who take the field each night.  I am not sure I love the 'stache, frankly but if it helps the Yankees win, well so be it.


You have to admit, despite the strict dress code policy that the Yankees have enforced for many years, our players have still been able to express themselves in the locker rooms and on the field.  Ryan is just one of the examples of this self expression.  His facial hair just makes him look like WB Mason and that is just entertaining.


In the grand scheme of things, who cares, but in reality, we should.  Many have said that the Yankees have the best chemistry as a team in years, perhaps since 2009.  If our guys are developing trusting relationships with each other and their coaching staffs, if they are laughing, building rapport, and not shaving because it is the culture not to, and we are winning because of it, great.  Good for you, Brendan Ryan...way to come back from an injury and get right into the thick of the deep chemistry our 2015 team has built.  You make me laugh, but mostly, you make me proud!



--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
BYB Hot Stove Columnist
Twitter: @suzieprof




You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store! Follow me on Twitter@BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017