Monday, July 13, 2015

I CAN'T EVEN RELAX AT A KENNY CHESNEY CONCERT


This weekend, I went to Philadelphia to see country music sensation and fan favorite Kenny Chesney.  A modern day cross between Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Buffet, Chesney attracts an eclectic crowd of young and old.  I can tolerate eclectic and even weird (there were a lot of those), but what I can't stomach is when I see people wearing Red Sox gear at non-Boston, non-sports event.  I don't just mean caps, I mean all out jerseys.  Now, let me also preface that the concert was held at the Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Philadelphia Eagles and across the street from Citizen's Bank Park, home of the Philadelphia Phillies.  So, maybe you'd see a Phillie cap, Eagles tee shirt or two. But Red Sox?  Sorry, it gets worse.


Now, I bleed Yankee blue and you all know this.  I wore appropriate country music gear.  Decked out in palm tree Toms, jean shorts, tank top and Blue Chair Bay Chesney Cap, I was properly attired. Even the crazies with their outrageous cowboy hats, camo shirts and boots were dressed for the event they were about to witness. These fans surrounded me in the 60,000+ stadium.  And wouldn't you know of all of the people who had to sit next me it had to be a full out, jersey wearing, tattoo bearing Mr. Red Sox Nation.


Yep I had to sit through more than six hours next to Red Sox guy as he religiously checked the Yankee-Sox score on his phone.  Oh, I wanted to say so many things to him, but my friend, who slightly egged me on when she revealed his tattoo to me, reined me in.  I had so many things to say to him.  Here are all the comments I had to hold in for close to seven hours:


1.  Um the Red Sox suck you know.
2.  Why would anyone wear a Red Sox jersey?
3.  A Boston tattoo, really?
4.  This isn't Boston, you know.
5.  The other red team plays across the street.
6.  I hate the Red Sox.
7.  Did you really sell Babe Ruth to finance a play?
8.  Why would you be a Red Sox fan, when you could be a Yankee fan?
9.  The Yankees will crush you everyday until you die.
10. Go home, no one wants you here.
11. Derek Jeter
12. 27


Okay, that's my rant!  I thought I hated Red Sox fans at Yankee games.  Who knew how irritating they are at concerts too!  Happy All Star Break!

You like this? You may also like: DISNEY: RED SOX HELL



--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
BYB Hot Stove Columnist
Twitter: @suzieprof




You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store! Follow me on Twitter@BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017