Wednesday, July 8, 2015

GUESS WHO'S AN ALL-STAR?!

Pinch me, I must be dreaming.


The thing that I was secretly (not so secretly) hoping for has actually happened. I wanted to see Mark Teixeira get some recognition for once! I am still taking it all in. Part of me wants to run into work in the morning and point and laugh at all of the Tex haters and say "HAHA haters! Tex is going to the All-Star game!" Watch and enjoy.


I am not ruling out the pointing and laughing by the way. If provoked I got this! I have been the personal cheerleader all season and I am not about to stop now. I am trying really hard not to get carried away here but I don't care that he is an injury replacement for Miguel Cabrera. The fact of the matter is his 20 homeruns and AL leading 59 RBIs got him there. He is pulling his weight. We have 2009 production ladies and gentlemen! Life is good.

If someone would have predicted this I don't think I would have even believed it. I knew a healthy Tex could be a huge upgrade for the Yankees this year but I didn't expect THESE kinds of results. This is proof that hard work pays off.


It's nice to see some of our guys get to represent. Dellin Betances is also going and that is no surprise, when he gets on the mound he is no chances Betances.....and I hope he does that during the game and helps the American League get home field advantage for the World Series. A few weeks ago it looked like a roster of nothing but Kansas City Royals players and we were pretty upset, read FIX THE ALL-STAR GAME. Now we finally have some of our guys out there!


We can still add another Yankees to the team. Brett Gardner deserves a spot and he needs our help to get there. Gardner is on the final ballot along with Xander Bogaerts, Mike Moustakas, Yoenis Cespedes, and Brian Dozier but only one of them can get the last spot. We can help Gardy get to the game by voting HERE so get to it!


Suddenly I am looking forward to this game now more than I was a few weeks ago. Now if you will excuse me, I have some voting to go do. So do you! You've read the article, now get to clicking and voting!


   

--Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ 





You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017