Tuesday, June 2, 2015

TEX & YANKS BEAT KING FELIX!


The text came in in the middle of the night. I only know that because I saw the time stamp.  It was from my buddy... "The Yankees beat up King Felix tonight."  I woke up at 6 today, turned on my phone and there it was.  Bottom line... I fell asleep last night and never got to see a moment of it.  Call me old... call me tired... call my not a die-hard.... I call myself well rested... so there.


Reviewing everything, it was clear, Michael Pineda was on a mission. To beat his former team.  The Yankees had to win too. They haven't been playing so great so last night was important.  Pineda went 6 innings, giving up 7 hits and 2 runs.  Those runs were the only 2 the Yankee pitching would give up.   Pineda had 9 strikeouts.

The Yankee run scoring started in the 4th, when with ARod batting, Felix threw a wild pitch and Gardy scored.  Next Brian McCann hit into a double play, but in the process, another run scored.


In the 5th, Headley sac'd home a run, and  then Mark Teixeira hit a Grand Slam.  The dude is on his way to prove to 1 person... Mike O'Hara, that Texgiving is happening this year.

The Mariners attempted to come back in the 7th, scoring 2 runs, but the Yankee pen handled them, and so, that was all.   Oh, and if you're wondering... Robinson Cano went 0-4 with 2 strikeouts... and from what we hear... is miserable.

Yanks win. Let's keep it rolling now.

Final: Yankees 7 - Mariners 2



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017