Wednesday, June 24, 2015

BRUTAL CC


I feel bad for CC Sabathia, but how long do we have to feel sorry for him?  When is he going to find his groove? Will he? I don't have the answers and I'm not sure he does either.  We have a situation with CC right now where the Yankees could be forced to pull him from the starting rotation.  I mean, look, I never thought I'd ever say that, the guy's a gamer, I love him on the mound... but I'm going to be honest, it's getting painful. Last night was brutal.

Sabathia went 4.2 innings, gave up 8 hits and 6 runs.  He struck out only 4. That means alot.  It means he's not fooling anyone and not hitting his spots.  That means ladies and gentlemen... that he's no longer a dominant pitcher.

The Yankees clawed back, like our offense normally will do, but it wasn't enough.  Here's how we scored:


Alex Rodriguez sacrificed home a run in the first.  In the second, Garrett Jones homered.  In the third, Brett Gardner homered. 


Then in the 5th, Chase Headley hit a solo shot, his 100th of his career. That was followed by an ARod homer, and then Chris Young doubled in a run.  That would be all for us.  At that point, it was tied 6-6. Then, in the 9th, the Phillies scored 5 off of Betances and Rumbelow.  Sad ending... pathetic.  I should have just titled it Brutal Pitching...Geez.

Final: Phillies 11 - Yankees 6

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017