Monday, May 4, 2015

THE SWEEP WE NEEDED!


Yankee fans wanted something big this season and it didn't start out that way.  But slowly, we are getting the wins we need. It started that weekend against the Mets.  Mets fans had it all figured out then... they were "The best team in baseball. The Mets would manhandle the Yanks", you remember. It was silly  then... it's sillier now.  We came out of that series looking real good and we haven't looked back.  This sweep of the Sox is big.  Last night's win was terrific. We did it in their park, on our terms.  Wonderful.


The Yanks won 8-5 last night.  I'm not gonna lie, I feel asleep.  I had a busy weekend, full of baseball. I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  Here's the thing though; I had faith that if I DID fall asleep, the Yanks would keep it going.  They did. Adam Warren gave up 4 runs in 5.2 innings and the rest of the pen only gave up one other run. That was it. The Yankees on the other hand hammered Sox pitching:


Mark Teixeira hit his 9th homer in the first. It was a 2 run shot.  In the third, Brian McCann doubled knocking in 2. Then Beltran doubled knocking in McCann.


In the 6th, Gardy cranked out a 3 run homer. At that point, the Sox made an attempt to comeback, but came up lame.  Andrew Miller ended up closing the door with his 10th save of the year, and just like that, the Yankees won and swept the Sox.

Happy? I am.  I'll be happier if we can keep doing this... I'm diggin' it right about now. Aren't you?

Final: Yankees 8 - Red Sox 5

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017