Wednesday, April 22, 2015

BERNIE WILLIAMS WILL RE-SIGN WITH THE YANKEES...

Then something else happens.


Quick note.  Bernie Williams has officially called it a career.  I don't know why I felt like he did this already, but when the news came out today, I was like "Oh yeah, Duh."  According to the New York Post,  

"The Yankees say Bernie Williams will sign a minor league contract Friday and then retire, nine years after playing his last game.

The Yankees said Wednesday it will host a news conference with Williams before Friday night’s game against the Mets, and Williams will throw out the ceremonial first pitch."

I really like the way this is being handled. Bernie is one of the good ones and I never liked the way the Yankees handled Bernie when he didn't come back to the Yankees after the 2006 season.  It seemed crazy to me.


 Now though, there's closer and it all makes sense.  I like this a lot.

 Be Read. Get Known.


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017