Monday, April 20, 2015

A LEFTY CLOSER WORKS FOR ME


I have always had a hunch that the Yankees would like to see Andrew Miller as their "official" closer.  Not that it really matters, because Dellin Betances is fully capable, but I believe that the Yanks want to groom Betances alittle longer, and having him in the 8th inning role suits he, and the team, nicely. 


Look, I feel like the Yanks signed Miller using "closer" money, so it makes sense to me that he'd be the closer.  Now they aren't saying anything because they don't want to discourage anything, but ultimately, Miller will be their guy, a lefty and something that will hopefully throw the batters off after they see Betances in the 8th.  It's actually a terrific 1, 2 punch.


Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News has a good piece on Miller:


"'I’ve done everything I can to make it not different,' Miller said of getting the last three outs. 'In reality, it probably is a little bit because we’ve been trained for so long that it’s something special or it’s tougher or whatever. I’ve tried to eliminate that and treat it the same. I think I’ve done a good job. It’s nice to have a couple under my belt and realize that it’s not really that different.'

Miller entered Sunday’s game with a two-run lead, but he gave up a double to rookie Ryan Brett (his first big-league hit). That brought the tying run to the plate, but Miller was unfazed, striking out Rene Rivera, Logan Forsythe and Steven Souza Jr. to end the game.

'It’s not how I wanted to start, but you have to look at the scoreboard in those situations,' Miller said. 'I know that there’s nobody behind me, so I’m not trying to keep it to one run or no runs; I’m trying to win the game. Right there, it’s about getting three outs before they get two runs. Fortunately, I was able to do that. It wasn’t pretty, but I got there.'”

So, now I ask the readers.  Do you like Miller there in the closer role? Or would you rather Dellin Betances? Remember Girardi hasn't officially came out and named a closer.  I'm just curious who you like there better.  Miller... Dellin... both or you just don't care.  Comment.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store! Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017