Sunday, March 15, 2015

GRATITUDE


I don't do well with sending out thank you notes. I still have a pile of thank you cards sitting on my desk from my baby shower... 10 years ago. Really, I'm very bad at this. I apologize ahead of time.

I think it has to do with my own insecurities. As a writer, this is especially true. I get criticized often by readers, but believe me when I tell you I will pick apart everything I write, before I give Casey the thumbs up to post it. Sometimes I get it right, other times I feel like burying my head in the sand for being a tool. It happens. I've been with BYB for a little over two and a half years. I love it! I love the Yankees and I love writing, and I love our readers. It really is a great working environment. The writers get along, and we understand each other. I could not possibly ask for a better group of writers and friends to work with. We really are a family.

I'm speaking on circles, I realize, but this is the only way I know how to get to my point. The group of writers I work with are phenomenal! Steve Skinner, Mike O'Hara, Ike Dimitriadis, Suzie Pinstripe, Jeana Bellezza, Alexis Garcia, Dan Lucia and of course Casey. The quality of work they provide is incredible. Everyday I proudly check the site to read what they have written. And I always feel so honored to be a part of this group. Sometimes, I feel incredibly inadequate by comparison. They are all brilliant, witty, and so intelligent in their writing. You can feel their passion, not just for the team, but for writing, and life in general. Honestly, it is such an honor to even be a part of this group.


I've won the 2014 BEEB Award because when it was all over, enough people voted for me! I am blown away. BYB has this crazy talented line-up of writers, and somehow I got enough votes to win? Wait what? I'm not making an attempt to be coy, I am honestly surprised. Actually, I think my exact response words were "Holy Sh*t!" Complete disbelief, and even looking at the award now, I cannot believe I'm holding it. Every writer... every single one of them on that list for voting, could have walked away with the BEEB. They certainly are more than talented enough to have won. In my opinion, they pen out incredible pieces day in and day out, and I'm damn lucky to be in this group. They are all more than deserving of praise and recognition.

I don't know how to fully express my gratitude. I don't know if it is at all possible. This blog means a hell of a lot to me. It gives my tiny voice a huge platform to express how I feel about the game, the team, and life in general. And the readers... man, you guys are beyond words... incredible! The feedback from you all keeps me motivated. When someone can tell me that I changed their perspective on Alex Rodriguez for instance, I know I'm doing well.

I am extremely honored and humbled. I take nothing for granted. This merely gives me a kick in the ass to work harder. You have an expectation for me. I am ready to meet and exceed it. I'm sorry if this was at all repetitive. Know that my gratitude is genuine. My love for this blog, it's writers and it's readers is far too great... it seems nearly impossible to put it into words.

Thank you... for the read, for the votes, for the BEEB, for your support. You are incredible!



--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804




You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017