Wednesday, February 25, 2015

YOU GOTTA LOVE HANK AARON


This is a man that had his life threatened... all because he was African American, hit home runs and threatened the record of Babe Ruth.  Can you imagine?

I've always loved Hank Aaron, and when I read what he recently said about Alex Rodriguez I just found it to be inspiring and comforting.  Newsday has the story:
"'I am rooting for him... Despite all of the things that people say he had been involved in, I'm rooting for him to come back and have a great year. I am very much anxious to see what he's going to do. I wish him well, but I just don't know. When you're [away] from playing the game the whole year and go out and then have to face kids that are throwing 90 miles an hour, it's a tough thing.'

Aaron said he would have no problem attending games played by Rodriguez or being on hand if he approached his home run total.  'If I wanted to go to the game and A-Rod was playing, I certainly would go to the game... I've met A-Rod, and to be honest, between him and me, he's been nothing but a friend to me. I liked him.'"

I found Hank's words interesting and had to bring them to the BYB Audience. We will soon see what happens with Alex Rodriguez.  Good to see he has a big guy in his corner.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017