Sunday, February 22, 2015

MY FAVORITE PHOTO OF JORGE POSADA

As many of you know, I'm a huge Jorge Posada fan and it goes back to probably around 1999.  I just loved the way he handled himself, a silent warrior.  I've said it hundreds of times, he proved the doubters wrong, and became a champion.  You gotta be inspired by a guy who not only believes in himself, but executes... not with words, with action. That's Jorge.

I was going through my photos the other day and I stumbled across the greatest photo I have ever taken at Yankee Stadium. This is mine and it's of Jorge in 2007.


It was taken in early September and the reason why I love it so much is because there's so much happening here... yet, nothing is happening.  I think about what's going through Jorge's mind as he's taking dry swings before his at bat. Who was the pitcher that day? What's the strategy?   Were the Yankees up or down? Wheels are spinning...

I don't know... call me the other thinker, the artist, whatever,  but there is something about seeing a man you admire in his own thoughts... just for a moment, that makes me proud.  Jorge was a champion and played his guts out for years.  I'm proud to call him my peer, both born the same month of the same year and Leo's are king of the mountain. Fact.

Hey, maybe that's why I appreciate the guy.  Who knows, but I just wanted to share my photo today. I hope you enjoy it.

Let me know what you think...

Be Read. Get Known.


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017