Thursday, February 12, 2015

JONES IS EXCITED & WE'RE EXCITED HE'S EXCITED...

It's exciting.


Great nugget by MLB.com, and don't worry BYB readers...  We are now in the stages of trying to nail down a time and day to interview Garrett Jones and his wife Cassie.  I received many questions from readers about if we are pursuing it.  The Answer is YES.

But first, that MLB report:


"The Yankees believe that Garrett Jones' swing is a perfect fit to take advantage of Yankee Stadium's cozy right-field dimensions, and as Spring Training approaches, the slugger said that he is eager to prove them right.

'I'm thinking about it more and more, just wearing the uniform, getting out on the field and meeting the guys... Getting a chance to play in Yankee Stadium on a regular basis and to experience being a Yankee is pretty special. I've just been getting more and more excited to get the season going...

New York is definitely going to be our second home... I know my wife is extremely excited to get back in the big city and seeing all her friends, and watching Yankees baseball every day. It's going to be a great summer, and we're looking forward to it.'"


Now I'd be lying if I said I didn't like these 2. I really am psyched to see Jones in pinstripes!  He will be the hidden treasure the Yanks picked up this offseason and what I also love is that Cassie is such a huge Yankee fan too.  

By the way, Jones was also asked about playing time at first base, right field and Designated Hitter:  "It's going to depend on if I'm swinging the bat well, then I think I'm going to be playing more and be contributing more... Right now, I think it's going to be switching around those three spots, and see what happens throughout the season. Things change, and you end up in spots you didn't know you were going to be in. For me, it's just going to be hitting well and being consistent."


Root for this guy ladies and gentlemen. There is nothing better than to watch a dude play who wants to be there!  I said it of Nick Swisher when he showed up in the Bronx in 2009.  Jones is the new guy.  I'm looking forward to this!

And hey Jones family, what do you say? Let's get that interview going with Bleeding Yankee Blue! We're ready to receive you!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017