Saturday, February 21, 2015

CHRIS DICKERSON HAS STILL GOT IT!


Just wanted to keep you in the loop on our buddy Chris Dickerson.  He just signed a deal with the Toronto Blue Jays.  According to Shi Davidi of Sportsnet:
We have always appreciated Chris.  He's a good dude, he played hard for us in New York and he'll always be family to us at Bleeding Yankee Blue.


We interviewed him when he was with the Orioles, after his stint in the Bronx.  Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CHRIS DICKERSON for more.  I was always taken by this exchange with him:
BYB: Tell me what you loved most about the New York Yankee fans?

 Chris Dickerson: "That's a tough one, honestly I think my love for the Yankee fans is deep rooted. My mom's side of the family is from NY, my grandfather was a NYPD detective for 30 years. My mom was born in Brooklyn and my grandfather took me to my first Yankee game when I was 6, and went every summer I came to visit. They lived in Queens… and no, we never bothered to go see the Mets.

I admire the Yankee fans for their dedication, their passion and involvement in the game. It's a true team of generations much like English football.  The obsession and intense dedication is passed down from generation to generation and have New York families that literally live and die by the Yankees. and of course THE BLEACHER CREATURES!  So awesome!  They provide an experience like no other each and every game and every time I played right or started a game, going through roll call was a truly memorable experience.
I wish I could have stayed around a bit longer so I could have come up with a better salute, something cool like Gardy or Grandys!"
Anyway, this is just to let the BYB community know that Dickerson has still got it... and to wish Chris good luck!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017