Saturday, February 21, 2015

AROD MAKES NICE WITH HEADLEY


I've been thinking about Alex and his call to Chase Headley recently, and I applaud it.  You remember right?  Alex Rodriguez called up Chase Headley to introduce himself. According to ESPN, these introductions happened back in December, when Headley and the Yankees reached an agreement.

"I think we both care about winning. That's the most important thing and that's what we talked about. That (other) stuff will sort itself out. I'm not going to concern myself with that. I'm going to come out and try to do the best I can to do my job, and however that shakes out it will shake out."

I like what Chase said about that and I appreciate Headley's honesty. One way or another, they've both got a job to do. The bottom line is playing baseball in October. The goal is a Championship win. Go in there with your head in the game, and focus. Regardless of what is presented to us by the media, they have an understanding between them. Win! That's their end game.


I can also appreciate ARod reaching out to Headley. We get so much bad press on ARod that him picking up the phone to say "Hey, how ya doin'?" to his teammate is refreshing. You can say, "Hey, the guy just wants good press, so it's strategic."  Maybe, but the gesture is wonderful.  Honestly, it's a welcomed change from the shaved legs stuff.

At the end of the day, both of these guys have to suit up, and hit the field. Nothing is guaranteed. They'll need to be on their A-game to make the line-up. Having a mutual agreement between them before heading into the game is key to keeping the drama off the field.

Say what you will about Alex Rodriguez, but so far he's handling this mess the right way.  You may be waiting for the other shoe to drop... but maybe this time it won't.

Let's play ball.




--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804






You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017