Friday, January 23, 2015

NATHAN EOVALDI IS ON A MISSION


Sometimes change does amazing things for players.  I think coming to the Bronx will be the big factor in Nathan Eovaldi's career.

This story isn't long, and there's not much to it actually, but it's important. To be honest, you've noticed BYB hasn't done much since Dan Lucia wrote: HEY CASH, GREAT JOB NOT SIGNING SCHERZER! yesterday morning. We're not gonna make up news and nuggets.  But this IS a nugget... and so here it goes.

It's about ambition.  Eovaldi is excited to be a New York Yankee. Check out Bryan Hoch's piece HERE.  But here are some great quotes from Eovaldi too:

"Acquired from Miami in a five-player trade on Dec. 19, Eovaldi said that he has started throwing some light bullpen sessions and is excited to report to camp with the Yankees, where he sees a bright opportunity as a member of the club's starting rotation.

'I'm real excited to be in that division,' Eovaldi said. 'The Yankees, they either love you or hate you, so I'm looking forward to it. I've been throwing really well this offseason, and hopefully I'll be able to repeat last year and have some more wins and a better ERA while keeping the innings up there...

.... My goal was to try and get as many innings as I could and cut down on my amount of walks [43]... I was able to achieve both of those goals, but my ERA was a lot higher. I didn't have as many wins as I would have liked, but I was able to get more strikeouts than I've accomplished before. The main goal was just to stay healthy throughout, and I was able to make all my starts without any issues.'"

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy perform in the Bronx.  Many poo-pooed the guy when he was traded to New York.


I heard, "Who's this guy?" and "He had a 6-14 record with a 4.37 ERA. He sucks."  I say this; he's a younger pitcher... and his record is reflective of the Marlins.  In short, we will see. The guy could be great.  I'm going with that mind set.

A change in scenery and some confidence goes a long way.  I believe that.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYaneeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  Also, don't forget to check out the BYB Hub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017