Friday, December 12, 2014

THE BRILLIANCE OF THE BYB AUDIENCE

Dummies don't read BYB.  That's why I like you.


When we get hate comments, I immediately know it's not a regular reader.  I go into engage mode, asking questions, never rude unless I am rude to. Why? Because 99% of the time, they will snap and follow up with "No one likes your stupid blog anyway." Right. Got it.  Buh-bye.

I like my audience because we can have intelligent conversation. We have no beef with disagreements. But it's you're rude... you're dead to me.

I wanted to share some of the great comments we've been receiving over the past few weeks from every day readers.  Smart comments. Creative comments and yes, some comments that disagree with us.

Thanks guys... you make my job easy when we actually speak intelligently to each other... much respect.

Enjoy:


MISTER D comments on  CJ WILSON MIGHT BE AVAILABLE... YOU IN?

"As always, it depends on what they want. I am convinced that the Yankees are committed to a short term holding pattern, with an eye towards 2017 or 2018 when most of the big contracts come off the team (CC, Teix, ARod, Beltran) and there is a new CBA in place. As of now, in 2018, there will be no player over the age of 34, and the only FA contract to extend as far as 2020 would be Ellsbury, who will be 36. They want to get younger and cheaper. They are avoiding Lester and Scherzer because their contracts would go well beyond this period, and they would be old, expensive albatrosses of exactly the sort the team is trying to rid themselves of. But until then, old and expensive seems ok, so long as the contract is short.


That brings me to Wilson. He would certainly be expensive with $38m left on his deal, and you can argue he's not been worth the cost for 2 of his 3 seasons with the Angels. Let's pretend the Yankees believe that he has something left, and can put up 3-5 WAR for the next two seasons. His deal would expire in 2016, at age 35, which would be perfect timing if my idea of Plan 2017 is correct. In that case, acquiring him would come down to just how much the Yankees would be expected to eat."

Always love reading Mister D's comments. Simply the best.  Here are others:


DUBINSKY commented on I BLAME HAL FOR DAVID ROBERTSON WALKING!

"Signing Miller rather than Robertson is an entirely reasonable thing to do. Robertson is getting well paid and probably paid too much. He's good... but he's a long way from being the pitcher that Mariano was at Robertson's age. In related news, a closer making around $5M/year and better than Robertson, currently pitching for the Reds, is now on the trading block."

Great comment. Love that opinion.


COMPUTERMAXIMUS commented on DAN HAREN SAYS: FAMILY FIRST


"I have to disagree here. Haren is a pro athlete and unless he has a clause in his contract against being traded he has been traded. If he wants to retire let him do it but I'm sick of athletes acting like babies cause they don't get there way. Business is business trades are a part of the game."

Me:  "We actually agree more than you think. I appreciate him taking that stand, but baseball in fact a business... as I stated in the piece. Thanks for checking it out and commenting. -Casey"


MIKE DARWIN commented on  YANKEES ARE "CHATTING IT UP" WITH SERGIO ROMO

"I wanted DRob back, but taking my emotion out of it, they could get two solid relievers and a draft pick for a little more than it would have cost to bring back High Socks."

Well done Mike.  Here's another:


 STEVEN H commented on I TAKE DAVID ROBERTSON OVER CRAIG KIMBREL


"I get the feeling you shared the Kimbrel video to suggest the Phils fans were getting under his skin. Not really though. He ended up striking out the side .. and actually didn't have a clue what reporters were talking about when they mentioned the fans doing that. He has just been used quite a bit over the previous two weeks and not as sharp as usual."


Me:  "I put the video up because it's funny. We get it, you're a Kimbrel fan. I have news for you, I think Kimbrel is great. In the end this is baseball, not brain surgery. Don't take it too seriously, That's when the sport is no longer fun. -Casey"

STEVEN H:  "Loyalty though? Personally I'd rather have an established closer that's far ahead of Mariano Rivera's pace thus far in his career."

Me:  "I want a stable pitcher on the Yankees that came up through the system and is hungry. The Yankees problem in 2014 wasn't the closer, it was RISP. Loyalty? Yup, it should count for something. No one here dislikes Kimbrel. He's a great closer with a ton of upside. DRob can handle the role just fine in New York... and he's a fan favorite. It's a matter of opinion. Thanks for reading. You won't change my mind. -Casey"

Enjoy your Friday.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017