Monday, November 10, 2014

TYLER AUSTIN CARTED OFF FIELD AFTER COLLISION


Quick note about Wonderboy Tyler Austin.  I call him that affectionately, because I have always been impressed with Austin's work ethic and drive.  He doesn't get nearly enough press for his efforts.  Unfortunately, I have a news item that's not great news for Austin.

According to Dennis Waters who has been covering the Scottsdale Scorpions in the Arizona Fall League, Austin had a collision this weekend.
Turns out he, Aaron Judge, Greg Bird, Dante Bichette Jr were all in the lineup Saturday and Judge was the only one with the hit for the baby bombers. The Scorpions lost to the Glendale Desert Dogs 5-1 Saturday.  While the loss sucks, you need to think about Austin.  Let's hope the dude's OK.

You can read one of our favorite interviews here at BYB with Tyler and him mom Kim.  Read EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: TYLER AUSTIN... WONDERBOY.


Here's my favorite part from that interview:
 
BYB: Tyler, what do you tell kids who want to quit Little League after a frustrating at bat, or season?
Tyler Austin: Hang in there.  I’ve had frustrating seasons and I’ve played a year ahead. Those years, my numbers went down, everything seemed to. I struggled and I realized that I needed to work alittle harder and I can’t get down on myself. 

Never give up. Get well soon Ty.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017