Thursday, November 20, 2014

IF I'M BRIAN McCANN, I'M CALLING KEVIN LONG 'IRRELEVANT'

Quick note, just because this Kevin Long gnat annoys me now more than ever...


Let me ask you something. If a former coach was talking about me after he was fired from the organization for not doing his job, I'd walk over to Queens and bitch slap him down the steps of the 7 train.  In other words, who cares what Kevin Long has to say about Brian McCann's hitting problems after the fact.


Here's a question... WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU ALL SEASON TO HELP HIM?

Kevin Long apparently shot his mouth off about Brian McCann and his hitting woes.  Long said that it's about "... trying to maintain a little bit more consistency... I think it's common that the first time you come into an organization after you sign a big contract I think it plays a little more difficult than it might seem. In Curtis' (Granderson's) case that probably played into it. I know Brian McCann, as the season progressed, he got better and more comfortable."



No offense, but no shit. About the consistency part...

McCann will have a big season in 2015. But it's more than a big contract, much more. How about we blame the fact that Brian had to learn an entire NEW pitching staff, just to have to learn a whole new one once the first rotation went down with injury halfway through the season. That's a tough gig.  That's pressure.


I have no doubt McCann will have a better season in 2015, but it's not Long's place to have it all figured out and publicly dissect McCann for the fans.  The fans are smart... we know what happened.

Whatever man... That just ticked me off.  Go away Long, go help the Mets try and hit. That's your job now.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017