Sunday, November 9, 2014

ICHIRO GETS REAL


LoHud has some incredible quotes from Ichiro Suzuki.  They are excerpts from an interview with Suzuki that will air on the MLB Network on Monday. Check it out:

 On playing next season:

“I have every intention of playing in the Major Leagues next year... Where will that be? I cannot tell you because baseball is not an individual sport and so it’s not just up to my feeling that I want to play. Somebody has to feel that they want to give me the opportunity to play. But I have every intention of playing.”


On his favorite Derek Jeter moment in 2014:


“One thing that I will never forget about Jeter that will be with me for the rest of my life is the scene of his last game at Yankee Stadium... To see him take the field in the first inning, go to his position — and I was in right field — it was just such an emotional game, such an emotional moment, and I felt, in right field, watching him, experiencing it, I felt like it was going to bring me to tears. 


And I knew that it had to be so emotional for him, but you never felt that. I never saw the tears, I never sensed that it was as emotional as it was for him as I knew it had to be. And I just wondered, ‘How does he have the ability to control his emotions to that degree? How does he have the ability to not show that side of him to all of these people?’ 


That’s something that will be with me for the rest of my life.”


As you know, I'm a gigantic fan of Ichiro. He plays the game with respect, class and grace at times.  He's a true talent.

Currently, the Yankees have their outfield full with Carlos Beltran, Brett Gardner and Jacoby Ellsbury and they just signed Chris Young. Read about that in CHRIS YOUNG IS BACK!  It really appears that the Yankees have moved on from Ichiro.  Then again, having an extra outfielder wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world.  I just don't think Ichiro or the Yankees are willing to commit to that... not yet at least.

Anyway, I love these quotes from Ichrio and I wanted to share them.

He gets real... you gotta love this guy.
 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017