Wednesday, November 19, 2014

DELLIN BETANCES "LIVING EVERY KID'S DREAM"


I'm not even going to try to downplay it... I out right LOVE Dellin Betances. He is easily my new favorite, and I really want this kid to succeed. Like... I am full on pom pom waving, Betances jersey wearing, loudly cheering, crazed fan.

Back in April I wrote that Betances was THE NEXT HOME TOWN HERO and I still believe it. Back then, I was told that I was projecting too soon... expecting too much without evidence that he wouldn't be just another fad. "Wait until the end of the season," someone told me. Okay, the season has ended, and he did fantastic. May I gush now?


There is no doubt that he is talented. I truly believe that he could be an incredible closer. In October, I wrote that he may be THE FUTURE OF YANKEE CLOSERS. He and David Robertson were an incredible one two punch combo for the team. It brought back memories of Mariano Rivera and John Wetteland.

Dellin made an appearance on YES Hot Stove on Monday, and to get us interested, they posted this to their YouTube page:


Have I mentioned that I love this kid? Seriously!

Look, I'm a bit bias, I will admit. Growing up playing baseball, and living in New York City, I wanted to play for the Yankees. Of course as a female, that dream never came to fruition. But I knew plenty of boys that played baseball with me that dreamed of playing along side Derek Jeter. These guys would practice the throw that Jeter made famous from his position at short stop. They all wanted it so badly, but Dellin... he made it happen. It's not just a dream to him. It's his reality. I dig that! He didn't just dream, he achieved. He really is living every kid's dream.

Hey Dellin, BYB has got your back. We truly do believe that you will be the next home town hero. Grind it! And maybe when you're free, we can sit down for a chat.




--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804

 


20% Off Mike Trout Memorabilia at Steiner Sports, code SPORTS20

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017