Wednesday, October 1, 2014

JETER'S ALREADY IN HIS NEXT PHASE...

It's called The Players' Tribune, and it's bound to be awesome.


It's a way for the fans and players to interact alittle better.  As Derek Jeter writes in his mission statement:

"...I do think fans deserve more than “no comments” or “I don’t knows.” Those simple answers have always stemmed from a genuine concern that any statement, any opinion or detail, might be distorted. I have a unique perspective. Many of you saw me after that final home game, when the enormity of the moment hit me. I’m not a robot. Neither are the other athletes who at times might seem unapproachable. We all have emotions. We just need to be sure our thoughts will come across the way we intend.  


 So I’m in the process of building a place where athletes have the tools they need to share what they really think and feel.  We want to have a way to connect directly with our fans, with no filter.

I am working with other athletes, with editors and with producers to create a platform that gives us a chance to say what’s on our minds. It’s called The Players’ Tribune. Over the next few months, we’ll be introducing a strong core of athlete editors and contributors who will shape the site into an online community filled with first-person stories and behind-the-scenes content.

My goal is for the site to ultimately transform how athletes and newsmakers share information, bringing fans closer than ever to the games they love."

Give the guy credit. He retired from baseball Sunday.  He's now Founding Publisher of The Players' Tribune. Hot stuff.  Click on it to find out more. You can also like it on Facebook by clicking HERE.


BYB reader, Corri Blank wrote this about it and me this morning:

 "Sounds like a great idea. Thanks for wanting to stay with us, even if it's off the field. Now let me suggest an editor or consultant that I think would be an excellent asset to your "new TEAM". Mr. Robert Casey of Bleeding Yankee Blue. :)"

Thanks Corri. That's very kind... I'm blushing.
Derek... call us...
 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017