Saturday, August 23, 2014

THIRD STRAIGHT WIN & THE YANKEES ARE BACK!


On Joe Torre day, there had to be a win.  After all, while Torre was at the helm, he was a terrific manager and we won a helluva lot. He was so terrific in fact, that we celebrate him at BYB constantly.


Over the next 24 hours, we'll have different pieces celebrating Joe... but let's get back on track for a second... the Yankees won! 

It was three in a row, and I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I have to tell you, if you're Yankee fan, you're all happy, aren't you?  Trust me though... I'm not going to get ahead of myself.  When I do, I blow it, I jinx the team and they go on a losing streak.  I refuse to get too excited.  I will however smile from my seat today.  Love the wins boys!


My 2 favorites today had to be Hiroki Kuroda and Martin Prado who is on a friggin' tear. Prado was 3-4 today.  Kuroda pitched 6 innings, gave up 5 hits and only 2 runs. Only 1 more run was given up, that was off of Shawn Kelley. Other than that, the bullpen shut down the Chisox and David Robertson got his 34th save.

The Yankee run scoring went like this:

In the second, Chase Headley grounded into the double play, and in the process, Mark Teixeira scored.


In the 4th, Martin Prado doubled, knocking in 2 runs.  Then in the 6th, and as reported by MLB.com, "Umpire reviewed (home run), call on the field was upheld: Carlos Beltran homers (15) on a line drive to right field." I'll take it.


After that, Stephen Drew sac'd home Prado.

That was it... the boys won, and it looks like my boys, Fahey & Chivari of SportsTown Chicago may owe me some cat nip and wine as part of an unofficial bet which took place on Thursday. It was off the cuff... but I take it seriously.   Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out my friend Paul Chivari below...


Any questions?

Final: Yankees 5 - White Sox 3

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017