Sunday, August 17, 2014

KURODA STELLAR IN ST. PETERSBURG


Once again, the pitching for the Yankees was great.  Hiroki Kuroda went 6.2 innings today, allowing 4 hits and 2 runs.  He was sharp and I love that about Kuroda.  Sure, sometimes the guy gets alittle worn down throughout a season, but usually when we need him, the dude comes through... he becomes a "Hiro".

The Yankee scored 4 runs today.  Still not a blow out, but a win's a win. I just wish the runs would flow more freely in Yankeeland.  We have a situation when getting runs home is a major problem. As you know, it's gotta be fixed. Still, today the combination of 4 runs and Kuroda and company holding the Rays to 2 is a good thing. It doesn't always work out this good.

The Yankees runs went like this:

In the 5th, Brett Gardner singled, knocking in Stephen Drew and Martin Prado.


Then Jacoby Ellsbury singled, knocking in Gardy.


In the 8th, Mark Teixeira homered, his 20th... it was a solo shot, but more importantly, he tied Joe DiMaggio on the all time Yankee home runs list with 361. 


Pretty incedible to be tied with Joe D. Congrats to Mark.
 
Final: Yankees 4 - Rays 2

This post is kind of bland, I know, but the reality is, I don't want to get too ahead of myself.  The Yankees have won 2 in a row.  I'd love for them to keep winning... but I just don't want to get too excited and jinx it... so I won't.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017