Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I'M NOT GONNA BE THE MUSH, BUT...


So, I just woke up from about a 60-day nightmare and this is what happened:

1. The Cubs swept the first place Orioles.
2. The Angels are tied for first with the A's despite all of Billy Beane's magic tricks.
3. The Yankees are... I can't say it. Otherwise, I will be the mush.


Frankly, I should not even be writing this but I felt compelled after watching recaps and reviewing the highlights on Twitter.  It's not the late 1970s, but I feel this sense of.... this powerful feeling of.... I just can't bring myself to say it.  Call me superstitious but I can't bring myself to say it so I will let the numbers do it for me- you know, business analytics are the hottest thing out there to make a point anyway.


Here's how it looks:

The Yankees stand in second behind the Baltimore Orioles, who as I said, got swept by the last place Chicago Cubs.  We are 2 1/2 games behind the Mariners for the second Wild Card slot.  Our mid-season replacements have come in and shown their value.  At the top of the list is Martin Prado who is batting .364 over the last seven games.  Our mainstay, Hiroki Kuroda, is pitching with a 3.00 ERA over the last seven days and Brandon McCarthy has been stellar hovering between a 1.35 and 2.55 since coming to the Yankees.  We are in the middle of pack as far as pitching, batting and fielding, which is no surprise. But what is a surprise is what has been happening.  Not that we didn't have it in us, but let's face it, I am a realist and it didn't look pretty.


I hope this post does not jinx us, but I feel like I did wake up from nightmare into greener, dreamier pastures.  I have nothing else to say but I better wear my clothes to bed inside out, put a spoon under my pillow and keep quiet. (whisper, whisper- Let's Go Yankees).




--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
Twitter: @suzieprof


   
 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017