Monday, August 25, 2014

HUGE STEP FOR MASAHIRO TANAKA... WOW!


It's being reported that Masahiro Tanaka has thrown a simulation game.  It's also being reported that the stud pitcher "feels good". That's great!

Matthew Stanmyre of the Star Ledger writes: "The morning after Yankees phenom Masahiro Tanaka threw 35 pitches in a simulated game at Yankee Stadium, all signs continue to be positive.


Yankees manager Joe Girardi said today the Japanese right-hander “feels good” and will throw another simulated game Thursday in Detroit. After that, the team will determine the next step in Tanaka’s rehabilitation process."

So, what does it all mean?  Well, for Tanaka's sanity and for Tanaka's drive, this feeds him and that's good. But like I have said recently, there is no reason to rush back.  I appreciate what Tanaka wants to accomplish and that he wants to come back and contribute to the team, after all, that's his job, and I know that's in the back of his mind, but I worry about him. We don't need him hurt.  That would suck and that's my biggest concern.   I admire him though.


The Yankees have a 4 game winning streak right now... it is possible we keep on rolling. We have pitching that has stepped up huge and our offense, dare I say, is coming around.   We could move forward without Tanaka right now.  One thing is for sure though... if he gets the green light and DOES come back, Tanaka WILL help us down the stretch.

But you know me, I worry and I just don't want the guy to hurt himself and hurt our chances down the road.

Stay Tuned!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017