Thursday, August 7, 2014

HEY CLAY, COME HOME TO THE BRONX, MAN!


No one is a bigger fan of Clay Rapada than me. Besides his talent, he's just a good dude.  I just wanted to point out that when news broke that the Orioles had released Clay Rapada, to make room for Joe Saunders, I felt bad.


The Tides, his club announced the move here:
The reality is, the guy is a fighter and he needs a shot.

Alittle background... when Clay came to the Yankees, I was psyched. The guy has a unique delivery and is literally "underrated", plus a lefty. But sometimes when teams "take a chance" on you, they sign you, they start you in the minors, and you don't always get that shot, unless you WOW them instantly.  Baseball's a fast moving sport.  They are constantly looking for the quick fix. I almost feel like they concentrate too much on the numbers, and not enough on what can be. I know, a 7.23 ERA doesn't cut it. All I'm saying is I guess I'm just a "go by feel" kind of guy... anyway, I'm rambling...

Whatever the case, wish Clay well, and let him know he needs to keep going!  There is no question Rapada will latch on somewhere... I just hope he does soon.  He's a helpful, talented pitcher and a team just needs to give him that shot to shine again.


 You know what? I wish the Yanks would bring him back... I know he'll succeed again in the Bronx.

Come on home Clay... get your agent to make a call, or maybe BYB will on your behalf!


Besides... Hello Kitty misses you...

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017