Monday, July 21, 2014

MARKED MAN TEIXEIRA

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but Mark Teixeira is taking a rest for about three or four days.   For those of you that don't know what's going on, he's apparently strained a back muscle... or something, read HERE.


Seriously? Again? I mean, I strain muscles all of the time. I run marathons for God's sake, but I don't stop running at mile 15 when I've got 11 to go. I suck it up because that's what you do!


According to NJ.com, the Yankees should give Tex some rest because he needs it.  "DO IT: Teixeira has been on the disabled list only once this season, missing 15 days with a strained hamstring. But he's got more dents than a loner car. Let's tick off his maladies: a surgically repaired wrist that's always iffy; a banged-up right knee; the lat; and the tired legs that caused him to miss a game in May. Face it: Teixeira is going to need a few more days off here and there the rest of this season." 

Honestly, Kelly Johnson doesn't do it for me and as much as I love Tex, we may need to go shopping for a first baseman next year.  Seriously...

So, Tex is out for a few days and we'll see what happens next. Gotta love it, huh?




--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
Twitter: @suzieprof


   
 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017