Sunday, July 6, 2014

LOSING A BELIEVER LIKE DEAN ANNA

A quick note about a guy I was thrilled to have on our major league club when the season began, and disappointed when the Yankees moved him to the minors a few weeks ago.  Dean Anna.


I liked the guy's spunk, and I liked what he stood for.  He wasn't the best, but dammit he thought he could be, and despite him being in the minors most of his baseball career, the guy had a ton of heart and a ton of character and I wished the Yanks kept him around longer... but they didn't. Hey, it's there loss...


I'm both happy and disappointed to report that Dean Anna has latched on again. This time, with the Pittsburgh Pirates.

According to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, the Pirates have claimed him off waivers:
The Pirates got a fighter in Dean Anna. I wish him well.

For all of you that want to read more about Dean, check out Bleeding Yankee Blue's interview with him: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: DEAN ANNA.

Good luck pal.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017