Thursday, July 3, 2014

GUESS WHERE CC SABATHIA WAS THROWING LAST NIGHT?


There he was on the mound again, battling back from yet another injury.  CC Sabathia threw 55 pitches, 33 of them for strikes in a rehab game for the Trenton Thunder on Wednesday night.  Not his best outing, but he was out there, pushing himself to get back to his best pitching self.  Do I think CC will ever be the same?  No.  Do I think CC has a chance to recover some of what he lost and pull himself together? Yes. I would like to say Yes! but I guess I am not quite there yet.  But, I am engaged and I am ready to give him another chance to get there.

According to NJ.com, "After having his start (originally scheduled for Thursday) moved up a day, Sabathia gave up a run in the first inning on a single, double and sacrifice fly, then was touched up for two runs in the third on a triple, infield error, walk and a double. As he approached his target pitch count of 60, he left the game with two men on base after a single and an error in the fourth inning. He eventually was charged with an unearned run in the inning when Trenton committed the second error of the inning", stated the article.


Sabathia, who has been out since May 11th with a degenerative knee injury was anxious to start a game instead of working out of the pen. “My change and slider were not as sharp,’’ he said. “The results will come I guess when things matter. Right now I want to give maximum effort.’’

Hopefully, Sabathia will get back to the club, where his presence could really make a difference and "matter" in the standings.  Let's hope- fingers crossed, toes too!




--Suzie Pinstripe, BYB Senior Staff Writer
Twitter: @suzieprof


   

 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017