Saturday, July 12, 2014

GREENE WINS & THE PLAY ON WORDS BEGIN


I read a ton of clever Greene "play of words" today. "Greene with envy" may have been my favorite.
Good work Luc.

I created the book above, and then realized that it had nothing to do with Shane Greene or Green Eggs & Ham specifically.  I just got carried away... lost in it. The truth is... when Greene pitches, he ends games in wins! Whatever man, I'm giddy. Actually, I think Yankeeland is giddy as well.  We won today with a guy no one really thought about as quote "dominant", but Greene has great stuff and impressed.


He has a ton of confidence...  he deserves a ton of credit for stepping up while the Yankees are down.  He's 2-0. He's picked up the Yanks as well as us fans.  I like that.


Today Greene went 7.1 innings, gave up 4 hits and zero runs.  Actually, the O's were shut out on a gorgeous day in Baltimore.  How do I know it was truly gorgeous there, while I was here? Jenn tweeted this to me...
I like when the BYB readers help me out. I makes my recaps so much more fun. Thanks Jenn.


Anyway, Greene combined with the pen, were lights out. David Robertson then shut down the O's and got the save... his 23rd of the season.

The Yankee bats went like this:

In the 3rd, Mark Teixeira doubled and knocked in Brett Gardner.  Derek Jeter ended up being tagged out at home. Give credit to Nick Markakis who relayed to Ryan Flaherty to Nick Hundley. Great play. 


In the 7th, Derek Jeter singled knocking in Kelly Johnson.  Shortly after that, Jacoby Ellsbury doubled... and Jeet scored.

Look, we didn't blow anyone out of the water with a 10 run 6th or anything, but we are scoring and we had enough today with the brilliance of Shane Greene and company.  Yankeeland is happy... I am too...

Greene ends with wins! Right? Maybe? No... OK, whatever... but we do feel good at least.

Final: Yankees 3 - Orioles 0

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017