Friday, July 11, 2014

CARL PAVANO SHOULD TAKE NOTES FROM MASAHIRO TANAKA

I just read Masahiro Tanaka's statement.  He apologized for letting the Yankees, the players and the fans down because of his elbow injury. Immediately I got all fuzzy inside... I'm thinking to myself, "This guy's adorable."


I mean think about it, how many injuries are we seeing on our club over the past, 10 to 12 years.  Injuries that linger and players that literally play out their contracts on the DL bench only to eventually be cut or traded away because they never got better or just weren't the same when they returned.


Right now Carl Pavano is sitting somewhere in between Boston and New York throwing his phone against the wall thinking, "God dammit, why didn't I think of that!"

Anyway, I wanted to share Tanaka's full statement and I want you as fans to understand just how special, and probably unnecessary this statement is.  This is class... and that's what the Yankees are all about anyway, so I guess he takes the job seriously. Get well soon Masahiro, You're alright with me, bro.
“As recently announced from the team, I will be going through some treatment and rehab on my injured elbow over the next several weeks. I give everything I have every time I take the ball. With that, I also know that there will always be a risk of injury when playing this game that I love. Right now I feel that the most important thing for me is to keep my head up, remain focused on the task at hand and devote all my energy into healing the injury in order to come back strong.
“I want to apologize to the Yankees organization, my teammates and our fans for not being able to help during this time. I accept this injury as a challenge, but I promise to do everything I can to overcome this setback and return to the mound as soon as possible.
There you have it. Class... and as my friend Natalia wrote on Twitter just a short time ago...
Real cute.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017