Sunday, June 1, 2014

WINNING MAKES YANKEE FANS FEEL BETTER


Let me first state that I apologize for the late recap of yesterday's Yankee game.  My own family had a busy afternoon yesterday and ended with my oldest son in his own playoff.  He pitched well, the team played great, but we ran out of time.  I'm not sure if you've even been a head coach before... but I can tell you, when it comes to a game like that, the high intensity, playoff atmosphere, you tend to go into a coma after a loss.  Well... I did.

I was woken up by a reader on Twitter... asking:
I'm energized again... thanks Clint.


Masahiro Tanaka was on the mound yesterday for the Yankees and like we've been feeling all season, a win usually comes with him. Yesterday was no different. He went 8 innings, allowed 4 hits and only one run.  Like clockwork the ball was handed off to DRob for the save...his 12th.


As far as the Yankees hitting, muliple players had 2 hits each... Gardy, Jeter, Brian McCann, who's up to .232, and Kelly Johnson... Yangervis Solarte had 3.  Jeet and McCann each had doubles. In fact, McCann's double was major. As Bryan Hoch of MLB.com writes:

"...every time it's Tanaka's turn, the Yankees feel like they've got one in the bag. The rookie right-hander fired eight more terrific innings on Saturday, boosted to his eighth big league win by Brian McCann's late RBI double in a 3-1 victory over the Twins at Yankee Stadium." 


That's about right.


Solarte cranked out his 6th home run of the season.  By the way ladies and gentlemen... think about how much of a pleasure it is to have a guy like Solarte on our team.  I mean, this guy is a diamond in the rough. I am so thrilled that he's a Yankee. Strangely, with all the money we've spent, it's guys like him that's really shining. Love it!

Final: Yankees 3 - Twins 1

2 in a row now Yanks... I can smell it!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017