Sunday, June 15, 2014

STREAK SNAPPED IN OAKLAND


I was getting too excited.  The Yankees had a 4 game winning streak going... who am I to expect a 5th win in a row? WHO? I mean, I am a fan, a guy that pays hard earned money to see my team win.  I bring my kids to the ball park, we spend hundreds of dollars I don't have to support my club.  You would think that they could put together a winning streak for the ages... but I guess they just can't.  Not to harp on this, but I will... how do we have a club like this, a good group of hitters, that just can't score runs? I wouldn't even be upset if the score was 7-6 or 4-3... but 5-1 is significant.  It makes me alittle annoyed.

Let's start with the pitching:


Hiroki Kuroda.  Not a good outing and that was the start of this snap. He only went 4.2 innings. He gave up 5 hits and 4 runs.  That was the beginning. He didn't have it. He didn't look good and he's been hot and cold all year.  It's definitely frustrating. The other run was given up by newly acquired David Huff. 

Oh yeah, and John Ryan Murphy had a bad night too, allowing 2 passed balls.

The hitting and run scoring... or lack there of, went like this:


In the top of the 3rd, Derek Jeter reached on a throwing error. In the process, Kelly Johnson scored.  Hits last night went to Brett Gardner, Brian McCann and Kelly Johnson.  Kelly Johnson's was a double. Alfonso Soriano just can't seem to find his groove.  McCann is hitting a whopping .227.  Hardly a threat. 

It's Father's Day today. I'm not going to dwell on it.  But it's clear, I'm not too happy and you shouldn't be either.  We need a quick fit. We need energy. We need wins.

Final: Athletics 5 - Yankees 1

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017