Thursday, June 19, 2014

STOP! GARDY TIME!


Yup. I went with the pop culture reference to a MC Hammer tune and I just remember those pants he wore and I thought they were absolutely ridiculous.



Yet... all these years later, I can't get the song out of my head.  I'm doing the *happy dance* tonight, as my friend Stef used to write on Twitter.   Tonight's win was big!  Big because it was a win... but HUGE because we beat the Blue Jays.

Brett Gardner was 4 for 5 with 2 runs scored.  Brian McCann was 2 for 5 with 4 RBIs. That's the production we have been waiting for ladies and gentlemen. Thank God for my Yankees.


I feel bad not including McCann in our title tonight but the reality is, Gardy's been hot the past few days... McCann just had a terrific game.  I'm proud of that... let's hope they can keep it going and it becomes contagious!


The pitching went like this tonight. Chase Whitley started. He went 5 innings, gave up only 5 hits and 2 runs.He's now 3-0. He's been great. No complaints from me. Whitley is the real deal. 

After Whitley, the bullpen was once again dynamic! Really great to see this Yankees pitching coming together so nicely.  I mean, Dellin Betances looked awesome.


David Robertson even came in, not even in a save situation, and just helped shut down the Jays.  It was great.

The Yankees beat the Jays 2 days in a row. It's magical. Now, the big question. Can David Phelps get us over the hump and sweep them tomorrow? Cross your fingers... We here at BYB think he can!

Final: Yankees 7 - Blue Jays 3

I leave you with this:



You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017