Sunday, June 15, 2014

NUNO THE ZERO



I liked and appreciated Vidal Nuno last season.  He had a ton of potential, but now it's clear, that the Yankees "filler experiment" with Nuno is just not working  the way the Yankees had planned.  Sure, the idea was to just squeak by with guys like Nuno, David Phelps and Chase Whitley as we waited for CC Sabathia and Michael Pineda to be ready and we'd ride the "win train" from guys like Masahiro Tanaka and Hiroki Kuroda.  But one significant thing has happened... not a lot.


I mean, yes, Chase Whitley has passed with flying colors, but the jury is still out on Phelps, and Vidal Nuno needs to take the next train to Loserville.  I know, I sound harsh. The reality is, I know how hard it is to be a professional baseball player, and I know it's hard to stay there, but Nuno isn't cutting it lately and I'm wondering in the back of my mind just how many starts of "shitting the bed" it's gonna take for Yankee brass to realize they need to do something quickly... before it's too late.


I mean, hey, Sidney Ponson's looking pretty good right now, and he's retired, you know what I mean? Hey, I'm not the only one who feels this way about Nuno. Look at these 2 on Twitter today:

I did my best to try and not to get crazy today. I tried to say destracted. I celebrated Father's day with my family, and as promised if you read ROLE MODELS START WITH DADS today, you know I was eating my wife's world class pulled pork sandwich.
I even tweeted a picture of it to old pal Clay Rapada using our hashtag #RAPADAFOODWARS just to stay happy and occupied.  If I didn't, I would have went crazy watching today's Yankee game.


Look, don't get me wrong, I was angry, but walking away and watching it later was the smart call. I just finished actually. I watched Nuno give up 8 runs in 3 innings.  It's not amateur hour, it's the Pros, Vidal! Sure, you can suggest that Nuno has had 1 bad outing, but I'm going to suggest maybe he needs to be yanked.  Maybe he needs to be returned in the minors and work out some kinks.  I wasn't impressed.

The Yankees bats didn't help much either, but give them alittle slack. It's just not easy to come back from 8 runs that early. Whatever though. The run scoring went like this:


In the 6th, Mark Teixeira doubled knocking in Derek Jeter. In the 7th, Carlos Beltran homered. It was a solo shot. Later in that inning Jeter sacrificed home Ichiro Suzuki.  Then, in the 9th, Brett Gardner homered. It was a 2 run homer and Solarte scored on it.

Today was a gorgeous day in the Northeast. My Father's Day was terrific. We had a lot of laughs, my dad and I broke each other's chops and I ate like a pig, literally. But the Yankees loss I could have done without.

It's sad to see what has happened to this club as of late.  Up 4 in a row and suddenly 2 losses back to back. I'm tired of the hurry up and wait of this Yankee club.  Yankee brass need to shake it up!  Shake up the lineup and shake up the pitching!  Hey, and shake it up fast, because Yankeeland is getting restless.

Final: Athletics 10 - Yankees 5 

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017