Thursday, June 5, 2014

NICE WIN... NOW LOCK IT UP!

Well, it wasn't great... but it's a win and I'll take it... now start winning consistently and lock it up!


Look, I'm slightly concerned about my Yankees and their bats.  They don't seem to be working.  Now, today you could suggest that we had a good win, a few nice runs and for the most part, we could be on our way.  But where is that big break out run? Where's the 6 runs a game so that PaPa John's has to give you half off a cheese pie the next day? I mean, COME ON YANKS!


Let's start with the pitching.  Masahiro Tanaka was not outstanding, but he was damn good! He had 1 mistake, giving up a home run in the 1st, but that was it. He went 6 innings, giving up 5 hit and 1 run.


Now, I'm not gonna lie, the Yankees pen scared the hell out of me today. That being said, there was 1 outstanding play by DRob where there was a come backer to him and then rolled toward the first baseman and DRob sprinted to first.  Then the throw and then the out.  I know it sounds like it was no big deal, but it was. I love that type of energy and I love the baseball IQ by DRob. He was thinking fast and I noticed:
Anyway... the Yankee runs went like this:

In the bottom of the 2nd, Alfonso Soriano singled knocking in Brian McCann.


In the bottom of the 3rd, Brett Gardner homered. The Yankees had 7 hits against Athletics pitching.  We were 1-6 with Runners in Scoring Position.  I'm telling you all... we now need a nice run.


Hopefully this was the start of it. Let's keep winning... and lock it up!

Final: Yankees 2 - Athletics 1

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017