Saturday, June 21, 2014

BELTRAN GOES BOOM!


The Orioles lost. The Yankees won...and Carlos Beltran is the hero. That's 4 in a row ladies and gentlemen. Let's keep going!

Rhythm and momentum is key in sports. So is confidence.  The 3 words come out of my mouth all spring when I talk to my little leagues and while they are only half listening, I know they understand that feeling of big wins and they want it to keep going.  Well, it doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. Sometimes teams and individuals on teams pick each other up.  It's important and last night, with the help of guys like David Huff and Carlos Beltran, we were able to do something important.  We won 4 in a row. More importantly, we bring that momentum into today. God, I love baseball so much.

The pitching last night went like this:


Hiroki Kuroda went 6 innings and gave up only 4 hits and 2 runs. He struck out 6.  While Kuroda has not been lights out this year, he has been consistently decent.  You need to appreciate all he's done while in pinstripes. He's good and I'm glad he's there. Shawn Kelley, Matt Thornton and Dellin Betances locked it down pretty good last night.  When David Huff came in, he too did fine, although he gave up a run. I'm glad Huff is back though.  He ended up getting the win last night. Here's how:


In the first, Mark Teixeira doubled knocking in Jacoby Ellsbury.  In the 9th, Brian McCann singled driving in Brett Gardner.  Then, the boom came.  With Kelly Johnson and Francisco Cervelli on base, Carlos Beltran raked a 3 run homer into the left field seats.

It was refreshing to see... it was the Yankees. I feel like we haven't seen that in our guys in a while.  I love it... and I know you did too.

Final: Yankees 5 - Orioles 3

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017