Sunday, May 11, 2014

THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN


I mentioned on Twitter that the Yankees were about to "shit the bed" in the bottom of the 9th with Rickie Weeks getting a double and then moving to 3rd on a passed ball. He was then knocked in by Mark Reynolds.  I mean, my thinking was, on that Weeks hit down the line, Mark Teixeira  was no where to be found. Why?  Is there a reason why a gold glover is waiting for that ball to go foul? Why is he not running toward the line.


I would rather he try and miss than watch it go over the bag and into right field. But that was only part of it. I'm going to say something now that I have never admitted to anyone; I'm not "all in" on Adam Warren.


I know, it goes against everything we've said here about the kids and giving them a chance. But I never feel good watching a ball game when Warren is on the mound. Maybe it's not fair. Maybe I should give the guy a chance, but maybe it has everything to do with the spot Girardi puts him in.  I don't know what it is, but I'm underwhelmed and today helped me cement it.

Yup today was a let down.  The Yankees did in fact "shit the bed" even though they tied it up. With CC now out too... I don't have much faith right now. The Yankees don't look good.  Anyone want to help me feel better? Please step forward.

David Phelps started today.  5 innings, 8 hits and 4 runs given up.  Matt Thornton gave up a run and then Warren blew it for me in the 9th.

The Yankee runs went like this; Kelly Johnson had a grounds rule double and knocked in 2. Alittle while later, Yangervis Solarte sacrificed home Mark Teixeira. In the 7th Solarte knocked home Tex again.In the 9th, Tex homered.  That homer unfortunately didn't help him watching that Weeks grounder roll down the line to start things off in the bottom of the 9th.

It was disappointing and I'm pinning this loss on Tex and Warren... bad day.

Final today: Brewers 6 - Yankees 5

Oh and for those of you that never heard the term "shit the bed", here's the definitely in the Urban Dictionary:

1. (American) Failure of a device, usually in a non-repairable manner. 
example: "My car shit the bed when the timing belt broke."

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017