Thursday, May 15, 2014

PURE DOMINATION!


If it wasn't for Masahiro Tanaka every time it's his chance in the rotation, I'm not so sure we have a chance.  I mean sure, we score runs, we score alot of them, but the problem is the pitching is not exactly outstanding, especially with injuries and lack of confidence.  I feel like every day we are piecing it together.  I don't blame Joe Girardi, I just blame the personnel we have as "fill in."  Sorry I sound so negative off a nice win... It's raining in the northeast again...

Masahiro Tanaka got his first complete game shut out and in addition, improved to 6-0.  He is just so terrific to watch. 


The Yankees scoring was great, 4 runs through those 9 innings and again, it's never the run scoring lately as much as it is the pitching.  In the top of the 2nd, Brian Roberts tripled and knocked in Yangervis Solarte.   In the 4th, Yangervis Solarte homered.


In the top of the 6th, Mark Teixeira homered, his 8th. In the 7th, Derek Jeter singled and knocked in Brett Gardner.  The runs were legit and we looked pretty decent at the plate coming up big when needed.

All in all, when Tanaka's on the mound, I don't worry.  When everyone else is lately... I do.

Final: Yankees 4 - Mets 2


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017