Tuesday, May 20, 2014

PINEDA APPEARED TO USE PINE TAR IN SPRING TRAINING

Michael Pineda was using what is believed to be pine tar on his hand as early as March of this season. I'm not kidding, just look at the picture below...


Earth shattering? Not exactly, but I am concerned that this guy doesn't know how to pitch without it. If that's the case, we might be in trouble.

If you look at Pineda's hand above, it shows some type of substance on his pitching hand.  That picture was taken in  March 22, 2014. The source is Leon Halip/Getty Images North America and it was Spring Training.


My point is this... in a sport where doctoring the ball has been going on for decades and decades, I don't see the big deal. But this is a guy that claimed he didn't know he couldn't put pine tar on his neck or use it out in the open just a few weeks ago, but why was he using it in March and how often does this guy use it? Another question... should we be worried that he can't pitch without it?


I looked at pictures of Pineda with the Mariners.  It appears he didn't have it on his hands in Seattle.


So, is this a new thing? Should Yankee fans or the Yankees be concerned? Should we just blow it off and chalk it up as a lesson learned? I don't know yet, but I did find it very interesting to say the least.  I wonder if this is a common thing for Pineda.


Let's hope he forgets it when he gets back... or at least conceals it.  Geez!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017