Friday, May 23, 2014

PHIL HUGHES IS KICKING BUTT...

No pressure I guess.  Whatever the case, I'm happy for him!


I was reading Aaron Gleeman on Hardball Talk and I was just glad to see Phil Hughes doing well.  So we here at BYB wanted to tell you about it.

According to Gleeman: "Hughes tossed seven shutout innings against the Padres last night to improve to 5-1 with a 3.15 ERA, including a fantastic 47/6 K/BB ratio in 54 innings. That strikeout rate of 7.8 per nine innings is right around Hughes’ career mark of 7.6, but the walk rate is totally uncharacteristic.


Last season Hughes walked 2.6 batters per nine innings and his career walk rate is 2.7 per nine innings."


Phil Hughes needed a change of scenery. Clearly that was it.  We all knew that Hughes had the ability to pitch well, and don't forget, in 2010, he was 18-8.  Hughes always had the talent, but it's my opinion the pressure is much different in pinstripes.

Whatever the case, I am glad Hughes is thriving.  Tip your cap.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017