Wednesday, May 7, 2014

NICE WAY TO FIGHT OFF THE ANGELS, YANKS!


It was late and this time it was worth waiting for.  Brian Roberts sucks, remember? Every day I hear how Brian Roberts sucks, and how Robinson Cano should have NEVER left New York and now we're stuck with "loser Roberts." Well... how you like Roberts now?  I know, I know, you'll come back with, "Lucky hit", but how about you just tip your cap, huh?  It was a nice win for the Yankees last night.  It was a gorgeous timely hit for Roberts... good work.  For anyone who just read this paragraph and have no idea what I'm talking about... keep reading...


First off, the Yankees were down 2-0 until they rallied to knot it at 2-2. In the 5th, Roberts singled and knocked in Yangervis Solarte.  Then, shortly after that, Jacoby Ellsbury grounded into a double play and in the process, Brett Gardner scored.  Suddenly it was 2-2. 

The Yanks were able to score another run in the 8th when Alfonso Soriano singled and knocked in Carlos Beltran.  But the Angels then came back to tie it 3-3.  I realized then that we either may be in for a long night, or we were about to blow it.  I debated whether or not I should turn the TV off... because I'm convinced sometimes I bring my team bad luck. But I kept it on and crawled into bed.


Then... in the 9th, the Brian Roberts haters either hated him more because they look bad now, or they turned and suddenly liked Brian Roberts... Roberts cranked a solo shot to put us ahead.  In the process, Shawn Kelley got the win and so did the Yankees!


Hiroki Kuroda started for the Yankees.  He went 7.2 innings and gave up 5 hits and 3 runs.  Then entered Shawn Kelley... and then DRob shut the door.   Clearly though, the hero of the night is Brian Roberts... good job old man!

Way to go Yanks!

Final: Yankees 4 - Angels 3

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017