Wednesday, May 7, 2014

NEVER FEAR, TEX IS HERE!

There hasn't been much to cheer about lately. The Yankees have been slipping offensively, the pitching is sub-par and teams that we should be beating easily on paper are embarrassing us. Not exactly a fun time in Yankee land, but there is an upside to this. Mark Teixeira has found his swing, ladies and gentleman. It's true!


Not too long ago fellow BYB contributor Mike O'Hara wrote "HEY TEX, IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME" and made some good points about how Tex's lack of production is concerning. He did make a lot of good points, but I wonder if Tex read that because he is really making the most of the season early on. Maybe this is him saying "HA! I fooled you!" because his start is very uncharacteristic of him....and I like it when our guys prove us wrong!


Something is different about Tex since he has come off of the disabled list. I don't know how else to really explain how this man hits four home runs during a five game time frame. Not to say that he isn't capable but this isn't what we are used to seeing from Tex in April and May. Maybe it is all of that Juice Press he is drinking? I don't know.

What I DO know is he is hitting with authority. He is looking more comfortable at the plate and it doesn't look like he is babying that wrist like he was before. Did you see that home run he hit against the Angels when they were at Yankee stadium? That ball was crushed into the second deck. That isn't what we are used to seeing out of Tex during this time of the year. If he is hitting like this now, I think that batting average is going to be higher than what we are used to at the end of the year.


Speaking of batting average, he seems to be the only one hitting right now! The bats have been dormant and Tex is at least putting balls in play. I saw that Tex was even getting balls through the shift when we were playing the Rays. Maybe that is why Tex had a .271BA going into the series against the Angels this week. That is higher than what he ends the season with in the past few years....and it is May. I don't know what he has been doing in practice, but please don't stop Tex!

We need all of the bats to wake up but if Tex keeps hitting like this Joe Girardi won't have a good reason not to bat him in the cleanup spot. For a few seasons I have heard so many people argue and say that he needs to be at the bottom of the order because his best hitting days are over, he is proving us all wrong. Can you imagine how much more dangerous the Yankees would be if we could get a few runners on base ahead of Tex? If Brett Gardner or Jacoby Ellsbury could get on base and use their speed Tex could be a weapon hitting behind them. It opens so many possibilities.


I must admit, I have always been Tex's biggest cheerleader, and after he hit the disabled list already this year I dropped him from my fantasy team! Looking back it might have been premature and my friend who picked him up is probably laughing at me right now but like I said....I like when the Yankees prove me wrong. I'm sorry Tex, please forgive me but in the meantime, whatever it is you are doing....don't stop!





 --Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ


 


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017