Sunday, May 4, 2014

"JEFF SAMARDZIJA TO THE YANKEES" RUMOR IS JUST WHAT IT IS...

But worse... it's a rumor by no official source or media service.  It appears to be just banter between baseball fans, or fan or... who knows what's going on there.  Check it out...


Now I like many baseball sites around the Internet, and will be posting my top 100 soon on BYB, but I need to tell you, I was disappointed in Fansided for their post about the Cubs Jeff Samarzija being rumored to go to the Yankees in a trade.  Not today, but perhaps soon, according to "a random source on Twitter."

Fansided wrote: "the Cubs are supposed to be trading Samardzija to the New York Yankees. I’m not entirely too sure if this is real or not, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Yankees were the team who walk away with Samardzija in the end."  And below is the "source".

Now, in fairness to Fansided, they didn't go hot and heavy about it, they just pointed it out.  In fact they stated they weren't sure it was real.  Furthermore, one could suggest they are reporting nuggets like we do here on BYB, but I thought it was careless to even bother with this story.  No one else is sourced except for some kid from Hammond.


In closing, let me state, I like Samarzija. They idea is a great one and sure, maybe one day I'd like to see him in pinstripes, but I just don't buy it.  If it happens, so be it, but I'm leaning toward the "not"... that's my opinion of course.

Oh, and I tip my cap to Fansided. I like the work they do. This isn't a hate post, this is just a "I don't get why they printed it" post.

Carry on.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017