Monday, May 12, 2014

BYB IS OUR OWN FIELD OF DREAMS

"So, you just write because you like it?"


About 98% of the people that I meet, and converse with always raise an eyebrow when I describe BYB as a labor of love. For artist, of any kind, "labor of love" is how we describe something we really enjoy doing, but receive no monetary compensation for it. For me, it's okay because I really enjoy it, and so long as our fans enjoy it too, it pays off in the end. 

I'm getting ahead of myself. 

I'll be extremely blunt, and say that life is incredibly overwhelming right now. It feels a little bit like Dodge Ball day, in PE, during grade school. I was the nerdy kid, with the glasses, and pocket protector, so you can imagine how dodge ball day might have been slightly different for me, than for some of you. Point blank, I wasn't very good at dodge ball. I had my fair share of bruises from the game. Honestly, sometimes life gets hard. It's just something we all go through. We reach a point where it feels like our heads may explode due to the pressure. We gear up, put our heads down, and pile drive through it. You grind it! 

I can only speak for myself, but writing for BYB brings me a sense of calm. It's a piece of normalcy to me. I absolutely cannot stress enough how much I love this gig. It combines two of my greatest passions. Writing, and baseball. We're a match made in baseball heaven if you ask me.


It's as if Casey were Ray Kinsella. "If you build it, they will come." And we did. As readers, and as writers. We came flocking. Because BYB is something bigger than just me, and just you. It's us, as a family, a theme that we are familiar with at BYB.


I keep logging on, as do the other writers, because we love what we do. We keep penning out piece after piece, because you guys keep looking for us. You continue to show your support, and how terrible would we be if we just disappeared on you after you put your faith in us? So we continue writing. We continue building, little by little. Slowly but surely. 

Life gets tough for us sometimes. But we keep grinding because we appreciate you all. We love your support, your kind words, and your loyalty to us. We can't abandon you now. We keep writing because you guys never give up on us. Maybe we aren't YES network, or ESPN, or MLB. We're a blog... an underdog. But that's okay! Because you, the people who read and share us, are what matters most to us. We do this for you. And hey, who doesn't love a triumphant underdog story, am I right? 

So yes, this is a labor of love, but I can honestly say I am more than okay with that. BYB is your home, you are our family, and we tae care of family. Period! 

Thank you, for your support! We'll keep grinding. You just keep reading.


--Erica Morales BYB Senior Writer 
Twitter: @e_morales1804

 
 


You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017