Monday, April 21, 2014

THE DEAN OF SWING HAS A THEME SONG!


Well... maybe.

I was doing alittle research the other night.  While I was, I stumbled across an unusual link.  It was on Amazon and it was a song download for Dean Anna, the Dean of Swing.

That's right... it was THE THEME SONG FOR DEAN ANNA

Now don’t get me wrong, it’s my opinion that anyone who has the nickname "The Dean of Swing" has a ton of balls… in a good way.  It means they're confident, they believe in themself and for me personally, I have read a ton about Dean Anna and what he is capable of doing. That problem was he wasn’t given the opportunity long enough for people to see him.


Dean Anna has been in the minor leagues for 6 seasons.  He was with the San Diego Padres until the Yankees went for it.  Now he’s with us, on a bigger stage and at the perfect time.  Our Captain isn’t playing too much in April and Brendan Ryan, the guy who was supposed to fill in for Jeet is on the shelf.  Dean Anna has a shot, and it’s amplified because he’s in New York and in pinstripes.


Now, I was sure Worldwide Career Management, Anna’s agency put out the theme song for Anna, but that is being disputed by his agency.  The question is, who made it? Just so you know, you can buy it, for only 99 cents! Sounds like a good deal.  Look, everyone needs a theme song. There have been certain sunny days in New York City where I’ll be strolling to Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith or Turn Down for What by Lil’ Jon and at that moment... those songs are my theme song. But don’t get me wrong, I am set up for the classics too.  Alittle Frank Sinatra while I'm in my backyard eating a sausage, onion and pepper sandwich never hurt anyone.  Yup, it’s an Italian stereotype, and let me be honest, it’s true, I'm Italian, I should know. We also had plastic on the living room furniture, but that's another post for another time.

(In Photo: Scene from Goodfellas)
You’re picturing me with a guinea tee on right now. You pictured it correctly.

Anyway, the point is, if it is Anna's agency who put it out, good for them, I applaud how they're marketing him. If not, Oh well, I still love it!  Give me a few days and maybe a few drinks and I may just download it myself to see what it sounds like.  If I do, I’ll be sure to post it here!


We celebrate Dean Anna here, and we wish the guy well… song or no song, Anna is a believer.  He believes in himself and he’s climbing the mountain, despite what the doubters believe. He’s an inspiration. Respect that!

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017