Sunday, April 20, 2014

GUESS WHERE MARK TEIXEIRA'S GONNA BE?


He'll be rejoining the Yankees at first base... or at least that's the plan! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Mark Teixeira has been on the disabled list with a strained hamstring, and we could see him back as soon as tomorrow. It would be nice. It's time for Tex to come back and get back to an everyday routine. We need him!


So the good news I the hamstring isn't bothering him anymore. He played back to back days down in extended spring training games and ran hard both days. He says his hamstring feels great! I like the sound of that. The bad news? He talked about his wrist BEFORE talking about his hamstring, read that HERE. Am I reading too much into this? Maybe.

Think about it though....he went on the disabled list with a strained hamstring. When he was approached by reporters and talked about how he felt he was talking about his wrist. Is there an underlying problem here? I hope not. All I know is the reason why he went on the disabled list was due to his hamstring, not the wrist. So what gives Tex? I understand the wrist injury was huge. That is not a simple injury to recover from but your response frightens me a little.


Am I being paranoid here? Quite possibly, but after last year I don't think I am the only one having the same reaction. Can you blame me? I know the wrist will most likely never be exactly what it was but I really hope it is healed. Kelly Johnson has absolutely done his job for us at first base, but he is only human too and he s going to need a breather. With Francisco Cervelli on the disabled list too, the Yankees options are few and far between so there are still question marks here.

Tex, I hope we see you back in the lineup today and all is well....you have been missed. So here's to an exciting 2014 and a healthy one, too!




--Jeana Bellezza, BYB Senior Writer and Editor
Twitter: @NyPrincessJ



 
You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017