Friday, March 28, 2014

GUESS WHO'S BACK?


I'm not gonna lie to my audience.  I'm at Happy Hour with my wife. We've never done this before, but we tried it tonight because we got a babysitter. Sometimes you need to take advantage of that!  But then... just when I thought I had the night off... I got a text from BYB writer, Rudy Laurens with some good news!


"Aceves is back on a minor league deal." 

"Really...", I said.
"Really?", my wife said. That was followed by a "You have 5 minutes." 

My wife is the best.

As the Margarita flowed, I got to my phone.  Luckily for the BYB readers... we're on top of it... mainly because we love to bring you news.


The news is this; According to Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, Alfredo Aceves is back in pinstripes signing a minor league deal with the Yanks:
The idea of having him back with us, possibly to be part of the pro team at some point is appealing to me. Granted, he had a back injury with the Yanks, and with that, he eventually signed with the Red Sox.


I said back in February 2011 in WHY LOSING ACEVES HURTS that Aceves leaving would bite us in the ass.  I was wrong, and thank God I was. Aceves also had a bad attitude with Boston.  You need to wonder if the guy just had a chip on his shoulder or if he just didn't like the organization or what.  I always liked the way he was with the Yankees. I actually thought he was pretty solid with our club and I am pretty happy the guy has come back. The only difference is he will have to work his way up the ladder again.  My prediction this time is he will be better, gathering alittle extra experience out there.  Hopefully he will be helpful.  I always liked the guy.

Welcome back Alfredo... glad to see you back with the Yanks.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017