Wednesday, January 8, 2014

3 GUYS THAT DESERVE THE HALL OF FAME NOD


Today was a better day than expected in the Hall of Fame voting.  I am thrilled with the news that Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas are being elected into the Hall of Fame.  3 guys that deserve it and no complaints from me.  If I was a voter, I would have voted for the same group, and would have liked to have seen Craig Biggio in place of Glavine this year. No matter, Biggio will most likely go in next year.  Still, for the first time in a long while, I feel like the right guys were voted in.  The full list is HERE.

There really isn't much more to report.  It's a good day in baseball and I'm happy for those guys.  As my buddy said to me today, "Maddux and Glavine were a great 1,2 punch and deserved to go in together."  I can appreciate that.


Add to it the fact that Bobby Cox has been elected in as well (with Torre and LaRussa), and Frank Thomas growing up in Atlanta... good for the state of Georgia, my goodness.  As Thomas said today on MLB Network, the whole city of Atlanta will be in Cooperstown that weekend.  That's pretty cool.


Anyway, congrats to the winners.  Hey Biggs... next year, for sure pal.

Thank you to all the Bleeding Yankee Blue readers for continued success.  You've made BYB the fasted growing Yankees fan site in the history of Yankees fandom.  Thanks for reading, sharing and enjoying. Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017