Monday, December 9, 2013

RAUL IBANEZ'S STILL GOT IT!

Just wanted to bring you in the loop on our old friend Raul Ibanez.  And when I say old, I say younger than me.


Raul Ibanez is reportedly receiving a ton of interest from many teams for his services this off-season.  That's great for him.  Now, I have to say, with the Yankees signing Carlos Beltran and Jacoby Ellsbury, I am not so sure the Yankees will pursue him at this point. Hey, anything is possible, but I think the main focus at the winter meetings at this point is to concentrate on pitching.  I hope so at least.


The Yankees are reportedly shopping Brett Gardner and Ichiro Suzuki.  Now, for me, I understand why they're shopping Brett, his value is much higher than Ichiro's.  For me personally, a Suzuki fan, I'm almost glad his trade value has gone down, just because I know he's still a nimble ballplayer even at his age.  I'd hold him back for us anyway.


Bottom line, we'd get more for Gardy if he's truly being shopped, and Ichiro is still helpful to the Yanks, trust me.  Truth be told though, things are changing so quickly, who the hell knows anymore.

But back to Ibanez, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post:

Well, there you have it. Raul last year with the Mariners hit .242 with 29 home runs.

Stay tuned on Ibanez...

The Bleeding Yankee Blue store is opened! CLICK HERE TO START SHOPPING! Also, follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and join the group Bleeding Yankee Blue (Official) on Facebook, just type it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017